Polyshield® System for Vacuum Pumps
- Custom fabricated Polyshield® for vacuum pumps at power plant
- System fabricated in 4 weeks
- System installed and returned to service in 2 days
- Location: Southeast United States
- Specialty Contractor: STRUCTURAL
- Material Supplier: STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES
A large fossil fuel power generation facility in the southeastern United States was going through a scheduled outage and was replacing 3 vacuum pumps in the water treatment facility for the power plant.
The facility owner selected a custom Polyshield® precast polymer concrete foundation systems over a traditional reinforced concrete block foundation to significantly reduce the installation time. STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES worked with the owner’s engineering team to design and manufacture the foundations to the exact specifications for the new equipment.
The demolition of the old block foundations and installation of the new Polyshield® foundations was completed by STRUCTURAL, a licensee of STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES’ engineered products and services. The entire installation was completed and returned to service in two days.