Post Tensioning Repair Robinson Parking Garage
- Investigate-Design-Build parking garage repair
- Button head post tension splice repair
- Epoxy injections utilized for slab and beam cracks
- Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Engineer of Record: Walker Parking Consultants/Engineers, Inc.
- Specialty Contractor: STRUCTURAL
- Material Supplier: STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES
The Robinson Center Parking Garage, located in downtown Little Rock, was showing signs of deterioration within the slabs and beams.
As part of a proactive effort, the owner selected the Investigate-Design-Build (IDB) team led by STRUCTURAL and STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES to provide assessment, engineering and solution implementation for the parking structure.
A series of tests were utilized to evaluate the existing post-tensioning system, confirm accuracy of as-built drawings, map the corrosion levels present, and estimate the life expectancy of the structure.
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES designed and manufactured a unique splice block enabling the repair of the button-head tendons which eliminated the need for full tendon replacements.
Other scope of work included new steel and support installation along perimeter columns to increase shear capacity of beams, epoxy injection use for slab and beam cracks, and waterproofing membrane installation over concrete repairs
STRUCTURAL completed repairs under the highest level of quality and maintaining the safety of the community and crews.